Appointments can be booked online or by calling 01403 752246/753499 during opening hours
All consultations are by appointment only. Normally an appointment with the doctor lasts 10 minutes, however for more complex consultations it is possible to ask for a ‘double’ 20 minute appointment.
If your problem is urgent you will be seen on the day of your request by the duty doctor but you may have to wait until the end of surgery if all the appointments have been filled.
If you phone before 11:00 we will try our best to offer you an appointment with one of the doctors on the same day. After 11:00 you will normally be offered an appointment at a later date.
Face-to-face appointments with your GP can be in high demand. We have worked hard at Loxwood Medical Practice to maintain excellent access to appointments for those who need it. In comparison to many other surgeries our appointment availability is outstanding.
PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP IT THIS WAY!
Before you book your appointment we would be really grateful if you could consider the following:
1. Please give the receptionist a brief description of the reason for your appointment. This will be treated in the strictest confidence and will enable our experienced and highly trained reception team to direct you to the correct service.
2. Could you have a telephone appointment? If you do not think the doctor or nurse will need to examine you, it may be possible to handle your appointment by telephone. We are trying to use telephone consultations more to free up face-to-face slots for those who need it most. Our reception team will take your number and the doctor or nurse will call you back later in the day.
3. Could you see another healthcare professional? Please see our list of clinics and services. Our reception team can guide you, and many of these services can be booked directly without the need to see a doctor first.
4. Did you know you can self-refer to a number of services without contacting the surgery?
Horsham Minor Injuries Unit
Haslemere Minor Injuries Unit
Time To Talk provide a range of counselling, psychological therapy and drug and alcohol support services.
Park & Brown Opticians in Billingshurst provide an urgent assessment of minor eye problems, with the equipment to carry out a more complete examination than we have at the surgery
5. Please also view the self care section of our website to make sure you have considered other sources of advice and given any minor, self-limiting illness adequate time to improve
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
Click here for our Did Not Attend (DNA) Policy