Mental Health Problems

Mental health problems are very common; especially during times of stress.  Loxwood Medical Practice is here to help if you feel things are becoming too much.  We are available from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday for face-to-face or telephone appointments.

Mental Health information leaflet

How do I get help?

If you are having a mental health crisis click here

Sussex Mental Healthline: 0300 5000 101

Book an appointment with your GP here.  If you are worried about speaking to your GP, or not sure what you would say, have a look at DocReady for some help getting the most out of your appointment

Help is also available through school and college support services and YouthHub @Horsham.  The professionals here or your GP may be able to refer you to Youth Emotional Support (YES).  This is an excellent service forming part of the West Sussex Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).

Find out about YES here or visit their Facebook page

Mental Health and Wellbeing Support is also available via this link Community based counselling services - YMCA DownsLink Group (

You can make a self referral for any young person via the form on their website.

See the source image

Could your parents help?  It is often hard for parents to know what they can say or do that would make you feel better.  The most important thing is to start talking so that people know how you are feeling.  It might be useful to show your parents this:


See the source image

What about going online?

See the selection of sites recommended by the NHS here

Sign up to Kooth for online support

Kooth - Mental Health and Well-being Service for Young People - Greenwich  Safeguarding Children Partnership

Headspace offers mindfulness and meditation apps to improve your wellbeing

See the source image

Young minds has a range of resources to give you a boost

See the source image

WYSA can help manage your mood when no-one else is available

See the source image

Are you struggling with thoughts of self-harm?  The Calm app can help you gain control

See the source image

Alternatively you could attend one of these courses, see the information leaflet below

Adverse Childhood Experience


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website